Saturday, December 10, 2005

one from the road

i'm writing this from kansas city, where i'm staying with duff's dad before our big road trip to new mexico for christmas. (states #34-36 on my list will be oklahoma, texas, and new mexico.)

anyway, i've finally had time to thaw out from the wyoming trip. even with my scarf, -2 degrees felt pretty darned cold.

on the way out to wyoming, i managed to pick up state #33: georgia. (did i actually take any pictures? good question. give me just a moment to flip through my photos...)

ah, here they are:




the denver airport was slightly more interesting- duff got a little photo happy, but thankfully, she agreed to photograph me (and a few friends) in front of a few points of interest:





after picking up our luggage (i had only my scarf and my frosty beverage) we drove up to ft. collins for dinner at the armadillo.



after dinner, we got back on the road for the two hour drive up to lingle, wyoming. we stopped in rural wyoming for a quick bathroom break. (i didn't need to go- it was too cold for me to get out of the car for more than a minute.)



the morning after our arrival, we took a road trip to scottsbluff, nebraska. it was still chilly out, but i think we actually made it to 15 degrees..a veritable heat wave!







as you can see from that last picture (in front of scotts bluff), it was pretty windy outside, so we headed home.




fortunately, i was able to thaw out with the help of my new friends norma and duke, who gave me hot chocolate and warm cookies. (they're not in the picture, as i'd just finished wiping the last of the crumbs from my mouth right before it was taken.)

No comments: